Cosfest 2010, Day 2: Photo Pimps 2 !!

And the photo pimps continues! Apologies for the delay and enjoy!

4thJul10_Cosfest 106

Start off with a camwhores of fugly me with kawaii Ariki xD

 4thJul10_Cosfest 130 4thJul10_Cosfest 140 4thJul10_Cosfest 137Sakana and Xrystal as Parasite Eve?

Xrystal’s fingers were bendable xD!!!!

   4thJul10_Cosfest 142

With the very elegant and pretty Lovecraft xD I think our colour combination is really….sweet xD. Much thanks to Sour_cheese for helping me take this!

4thJul10_Cosfest 143 4thJul10_Cosfest 147

Shota cosplays suits Shuki just as much as Moe character does >w<! I wanna kidnap her back!

4thJul10_Cosfest 148

 

4thJul10_Cosfest 150  4thJul10_Cosfest 1554thJul10_Cosfest 153

Ringo and Envy as “Alice in Wonderland” version of Ciel and Grell(??!)

  4thJul10_Cosfest 162 4thJul10_Cosfest 164

Anyone who needs introduction of the Anime Title needs to be slapped. Lols.
I really like how despite the simplicity of the costumes (except Gaara), they still look so put together and eye catching!

4thJul10_Cosfest 166

Very impressive details *_* I wonder if the Lightning did the sword herself D:

4thJul10_Cosfest 170

There was a pretty cool private studio set up behind the event hall. The female photographer even went as far as running towards Noshuu (Cloth Road) to invite her to the studio haha =)

While I am very impressed with the photographer’s equipment and enthusiasms, I do have my share of doubts.  I wonder if they will bother to send the cosplayers the photos they took. I know I might sound cynical but…. let’s just say I’ve experienced and heard my fair share of event photographers (meaning phototgraphers I don’t personally know but met at the events casually) who promised to send you photographers, took down your email and then you never heard from him again. Oh Wells.

Any awesome cosplayers who was snapped by them got sent your photos ?

 4thJul10_Cosfest 172

There was some left over Wedding banquet tables behind the event hall too and as you can see, it’s pretty much Cosplayers parking grounds xD

I must say I kinda like the idea of the tables  even though it is not deliberate and prolly hogs up space =D. Honestly, who is with me that you would dearly like a space somewhere near the event hall for you to rest your tired legs, dump your bags (though no security sorry) or do your makeup/costume touchups?

Maybe this is a small logistic arrangement SCC can look into adding next year :D??  Comment and let the organisers hear your voice!

4thJul10_Cosfest 175

Yue from Cardcaptor Sakura *_*!
I was so excited when I spotted him , I pranced over. Though I was confused for a moment when I saw him hanging out with some Naruto Cosplayers xD

And this picture is perfect until you spot the pair of sexy legs behind him XD The cute vanille from pics above was helping him to hold his wings up. Very cutes xD

4thJul10_Cosfest 178 

4thJul10_Cosfest 188

Ghost Busters! Really like how their equipment looked ;D

 

4thJul10_Cosfest 192

Yuanie and Hoshi as I FORGOT WHAT! ARGH!

EDIT: Thanks to Lili  for pointing out, Hoshi and Yuanie are cosplaying as characters from Muramasa Demon Blade. Yuanyuan was doing Kisuke and Hoshi was Momohime

I was lucky another DSLR holding photographer snapped his shutter almost the same time as him and thus resulted in this nicely lighted up photo. Might you it was already evening there and my PnS camera was starting to fail in low light conditions.

A pity Yuanie’s awesome paper mache Skullheads were kinda hidden here.

4thJul10_Cosfest 195The rest of the photographs taken were like this T_T Dark and blurry. 

Something alarming to share though, was how someone actually took off with a part of Hoshi’s costume =_=. Yes you heard me right, Hoshi’s Obi dropped without her realising and some random guy TOOK IT . And how do I know it’s a guy? Noshuu and I SAW IT WITH OUR OWN EYES!

Sadly, we weren’t communicating with Yuanie and Hoshi that day (before this photo) and had thought that random guy was their personal friend thus helping Hoshi with her Obi. *palms forehead* I’m not sure what that guy did with the Obi but this incident has brought my attention to another logistic improvement for Cosplay Event organisers; a Lost-and-Found corner.

There are forever a tonne of left behind stuffs at events, especially Cosplay events where the attendees mostly lugs spilling bagages. Having an obvious and official Lost-And-Found corner would make life easier for everyone. Both to the one who dropped the stuff and the one who found it. And why do I say that?

Well most people who ‘picked’ up someone else’s lost item is usually not a thef.  Most take it because they believe if they don’t take it, someone else will. Mayyyyyybe a Lost-and-Found corner would help un-justify that reason? :D

 4thJul10_Cosfest 197

The WCS contestants only  area after the competition xD

4thJul10_Cosfest 200

Our WCS Signapore representatives! Apologies that this sucky photo is the only one I got of the entire costume @_@;;

4thJul2010_Cosfest 001 4thJul10_Cosfest 202

Video stills from my interview with the ACM Phillippine winner! She is very beautiful and nice in real life  and her Kos-Mos costume is OMFG LEDLIGHTSWOARGH!!!!  I’m very honoured and thankful she gave me the chance to interview her. Look forward to it okays??

4thJul2010_Cosfest 012 4thJul2010_Cosfest 010 4thJul2010_Cosfest 013

The very pretty Jac cosplaying as a character from Kuroshitsuji? I was quite sure I’ve seen this character design before but can’t put a name to it

EDIT: Tha characer is RanMao. Thanks to Romeo The Artist for pointing out

 

 

 

 

4thJul2010_Cosfest 014 4thJul2010_Cosfest 016

Garion as Ryoga from Ranma 1/2
Very very surprised cosplay xD Love old school cosplays. Saw a kenshin too but was too tired to approach for a photo and was sure my PnS Camera won’t be able to get anything nice =\

4thJul2010_Cosfest 023

She was cosplaying as the blonde guy from hakuouki the day before and on the second day, she morphed into a bishoujo! Alas! This is the power of cosplay!!!

4thJul2010_Cosfest 020 4thJul2010_Cosfest 021

I had photos of him in my last entry but here is more.

 

Alright, hope you guys enjoyed all my photo pimpings ^_^! Will start on TGX 2010 event photos soon  *dies from overwork*

Comments

Quakey said…
The lady Kuroshitsuji cosplayer's cosplaying as Ran Mao the female companion of Lao. ^^
dearttolife said…
I got invited at last year's Cosfest for a couple of shots by one of the photographers at the "studio", and he did send me the photos, rather quick too!
Unknown said…
And Yuanyuan and Hoshi as characters from Muramasa Demon Blade. Yuanyuan was doing Kisuke and Hoshi was Momohime. ^_^ On Cosfest Day 1 Haruko was also cosplaying Momohime over at Orchard, that's why I know. ^_^

Ooi, speaking of photos that people don't give, I want to see the YUA shots you took on Day 1! ^_^ Though, I also never put up my photos yet...
jactinglim said…
Whee thanks for posting my Ranmao cosplay :D and you act SO cute in the Big Hat video XD
Justin D said…
Yuanie and Hoshi as Momohime and from Muramasa xD
Shadow said…
The one beside "Alice in Wonderland" Ciel is Undertaker not Grell :)

Popular Posts